Dear Tekes - Love Alex!
(Alunperin julkaistu Linkedinissä 17.10.2014)
The Tekes propaganda we have in Finland would have made even Herr Joseph Goebbels himself feel like a pure amateur when organizing dances in the fancy halls of the Third Reich. Dear Tekes, keep on telling the good news for Alexander Stubband others. Keep on rocking and rolling the power of the bureaucracy like never before!
I’m sure you do!
I wrote the “Moneyfesto Humanum Europae” in Finnish in June 2014. Soon it was followed by “My Europe is Sick! and in September “Dear Alex – Kill Tekes!” saw its daylight. Now this one. Thanks for those participating the discussions online and offline with me so far. I know that there are people with similar experience as I do.
My posts stated that organizations like Tekes and ELY etc. and the whole official subsidy driven “Finnish innovation ecosystem” is actually a playground for politicians, top public sector officials and other power play people to achieve their goals – to be the biggest party in the next election or more bureaucracy and bigger budgets. This all happens using taxpayers’ money for this purpose, hidden political corruption in many sense.
Brown envelopes, maybe?
Entrepreneurs, investors, partners, all those who should be the real actors of the ecosystem are nothing more than just the instruments of the ugly power play. “The Finnish innovation ecosystem” is most inefficient in allocation, stressful for entrepreneurs and investors and totally unequal for many potential growth entrepreneurs which are out of the system completely. As I have wrote earlier the allocation of the public resources in this matter could be organized much better by using the right taxation only. Zero bureaucracy is needed.
Good news from Finland?
In the big picture Finland seems to have lost its soul and spirit. People eat antidepressants like nuts to cope. What about the statistics showing the amount of suicides in different countries? “The system” we have in Finland is killing us. It isn’t something that can be healed just by hugging your wife and kids or playing couple of hours of good tennis with your friends or going for a long holiday and just forgetting it all.
Leaving the country?
Many fellow entrepreneurs and professionals have already left Finland at least until retirement. I love these surroundings all too much for that. I don’t love Finland because of what the sick power play has made for it. I love my fatherland because of what it can be one day if able to find enough great individuals to revolutionize the whole game.
Seeing “the system” as I do now never happened overnight or within last couple of years only during my journey at Ambrosia Professionals. All this has happened gradually during my entire life almost and has now finally reached the point-of-no-return.
I have decided to fight!
There is a widely used concept of “Finlandization (suomettuminen)” referring to Finland’s post war big brother dilemma with Soviet Union. We do have our history. Many politicians used Moscow connections as the key to the power in Finland. Later there has been Russia and the EU and Brussels to some extend. More and more I have started to think that we have somehow managed to develop our own “inner-Finlandization” behavior pattern, haven’t we?
“The system” is the new Moscow!
Many of our top politicians and civil servants use “the system” itself by all means and directly for their power play purposes. At least they seem to be completely incapable to resist the system and its rules no matter how stupid they might be. What comes to innovation these status quo people are useless. They only remember that there are lots of potential public sector voters in the becoming elections. Where is the chicken? Where is the egg? Which one was first?
Adopt or die, really?
They teach you to take the system as a fact of life that cannot be changed. Inside the system the individuals are not allowed to freely express their opinion or truly innovate. The number one task of the top officials in the public sector in Finland is to kill all the innovation so that the system is not disturbed. Obeying the system’s unwritten laws is everyone’s duty. More than that, it’s a virtue that is rewarded. Been there, seen it, “the silent whisper of the system” as I described my own experience in my earlier LinkedIn post.
It’s not just Tekes!
We can find the same analogy all over the society where the wrong power play and black motivation affects in a sick way. Our children in day cares, kindergartens and schools, our mothers and fathers operated in the hospitals, old people living in the rest homes etc. In all these cases they, the individuals and citizens, are not the key priority to the system and its power core people but the system itself. Any exceptions? Climbing the system’s ladders requires certain qualities…
Finland is a graveyard of the lost innovation!
The speeches and the reality couldn’t be further apart from each other. Those employees who care won’t get support but on the contrary they are considered as troublemakers because they are a potential threat to the system and its gate keepers. The truth is that the system’s shadow is affecting to the private sector as well all too much when speaking of 57% public spending of the GDP in Finland.
What about the revolution?!
The driving force of E-Liike doesn’t come just from being pissed off with the system but also having very clear understanding where we are now, why, and how we can make things better. This is essential when comparing E-liike to others. I haven’t seen too many politicians and opinion leaders speaking of these issues in a way that really matters or showing the coordinates for real change and even insisting it.
What about finding the world famous Finnish sisu (guts) again to overcome the most difficult situation we will face if there is no real change mentally, politically and economically? The first step is to understand the state of the country and see the cancer we have. No panic, no shame but lots of sisu and vision driven action alone and together.
Brothers and sisters – build a new Europe!
E-liike’s task is to make people aware where we are now and then innovate the rebuilding process. E-liike’s revolution is definitely not like never ending SOTE reform, which has been nine years in the Finnish parliament already but something much simpler and much more fundamental. We go straight to the atom level. We will renew the whole platform.
After some very important contacts I have got lately I know that there are other crazy innovative individuals ready to meet the challenge and capable to send the second wave of tsunami of change on its way. It will be much bigger than the first one which I started. I am more than thrilled of the agenda that E-liike’s “first rebels” will create together soon! What if you could be one of us also?
Coordinates for the next weeks:
1) E-liike’s vision is to change Finland (Europe) as an innovation driven and much happier country (continent) as it is now. E-liike will liberate people from the burden of inhumane political power play at all levels. E-liike will do this by revolutionizing people’s thinking and the political system in a democratic way.
2) We will come out with E-liike’s first agenda during late autumn 2014. We have many things already that are not public yet. The innovation continues and you are welcome to the process.
3) Later we will organize “The E-liike Bottoms Up! Tour” in Finland to go operational and together with the people.
4) E-liike is not an elitist movement but for all. The innovation process should offer a playground for the most intelligent and passionate human thinking to blossom. The outcomes will be flowers to millions. Using English is important to get our European brothers and sisters with us from the very beginning. Once more resources puhumme myös suomea tottakai! We innovate all the time.
5) In the very beginning the change and the revolution needs hardworking professionals and entrepreneurs with own thinking and common sense and who really want the change no matter what. Also they should understand that it won’t happen by itself quite yet. They see E-liike’s vision as their own and are brave to be able to be against the system and official truth. They are the early rebels of E-liike.
The Mighty Eagles of business life who have been critical to the system are very much welcome to E-liike. Does anyone know how to get in touch with this guy – bringing capitalism to Finland and Europe shouldn’t be a bad argument for him? Loved to see academics, scientists, top athletes, entertainers and artists also in E-liike soon.
“Tekes people” and top politicians (retired politicians!) are the first ones we are happy to welcome to E-liike as well – it doesn’t count what you have done and thought before that much but what you can do and think from now on. (We are not stupid even if all too optimistic in this..?)
Please contact me ASAP!
6) Maybe we need to change the system from outside and inside both to really make an impact? This might mean that E-liike should be peoples’ movement and also a registered political party in Finland (but we will never be a political party as they are now!) Finnish parliament election is coming 4/2015…
7) The revolution needs not only brilliant vision and great people but some money, good promotion and infrastructure. Does anyone know where we could find an advertising agency which has real balls? We need more infrastructure to be able to scale in Finland soon.
8) “Joining E-liike” at this stage means simply contacting us for further details so that we can think the future actions together. Nothing more is needed. Hear you soon. You are warmly welcome!